How We Can Help You
If you require excellence in clinical care...
If you are in pain & want faster relief, even if your pain has been around for a long time...
If you want better results with fewer treatments than a traditional physio approach offers...
You are in the right spot!
Our expertise is complex & difficult problems.
We offer a wide range of clinical skills & approaches to better alleviate YOUR pain.
We look well beyond what a standard physio / chiro / osteo approach does.
We believe this offers you a better standard of care & greater success rate at treating long standing pain.
This saves you time & money, & produces a lasting solution for YOUR pain.
There are many reasons why we excel at our job of providing YOU lasting pain relief:
- Our experience gives YOU accurate & rapid diagnosis with more effective individual treatment.
- We treat the causes of your problem, not just the symptoms. This is the key to long lasting relief.
- Initial appointments are 1 hour & are strictly one to one. We don't double up sessions at anytime. You have our undivided attention & skills.
- Longer appointment times are standard in our clinic. You can’t squeeze an hours’ worth of treatment into 20 minutes – this is IMPOSSIBLE! Excessively short appointments compromise your quality of care.
- We stay up to date on latest medical research/treatment & our practitioners regularly update their skills world-wide.
- We have a thorough understanding of chronic pain.
- We use hands on treatment not "hotpacks" or electrical gadgets.
- We take your pain seriously & we will never give up on you!
- Patient satisfaction – nearly all referrals are “word of mouth” from satisfied clients.
- We treat all systems of the body. We have a huge range of manual therapy skills to treat pain. We offer far more than a traditional physio/chiro approach can.
- Having worked as part of a multi-disciplinary centre of excellence for allied health we are constantly being benchmarked & evaluated by our peers to ensure best practice.
- Expertise & experience in those sports requiring skilled biomechanical analysis & treatment:
Cycling & professional bike fitting. For more information go to cyclephysio.com.au
Triathlon & time trial bike fitting.
So if the above points are not enough.........
Ask yourself whether your existing health care provider has found the cause of your problem & given a clear diagnosis. Have they addressed the causes appropriately & given you the tools to tackle your problem? Also think about whether they seem to follow a "recipe", like 10 mins of massage, 10 mins of heat pack &10 mins of exercises? Does your current "go to person" take a "hands off" approach focused on gadgets, medications, self management & education? Or do they do the same thing each time or just crack a joint without really tackling the causes?
Keep in mind that Physiotherapists are recognised & funded by Queensland Health facilities & Medicare whilst Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Myotherapists & Massage Therapists are not.
We welcome your questions so please give the clinic a call to chat with your new Physiotherapist.
If you're sick of being in pain...
If you want lasting relief...
Then you're in the right spot!
Our expertise is treating complex and difficult problems.
Our goal is rapid and lasting relief of YOUR pain.
How do we do this?
We always target the cause, not the symptom.
This ensures a lasting solution for your pain.
Our approach is unique - it has been developed by seeking the best training available from around the world. We offer a wide range of skills for managing pain.
This helps us to successfully treat some of the more difficult conditions which fail to improve with ‘conventional’ care.
We look at all systems of the body, rather than only one.
We believe this approach is more comprehensive and may produce better results for people with chronic problems than looking at one system or area of the body in isolation.
We routinely treat patients who have multiple problems simultaneously.
We are experienced in dealing with multiple problems which may or may not be inter-related. There is no extra charge for treating multiple problems at once!
Our expertise is in treating complex & difficult problems, including musculoskeletal pain (such as pain involving the back, neck, or limbs), as well as other problems such as headaches, digestive, bowel, stomach, bladder, menstrual, cranial and similar problems.
Many of our patients have not responded to standard care, but do respond well to our unique approach.
So if you have a difficult problem, we're here to help.
We analyse the whole body to identify the causes of your problems. Often the cause(s) of your pain are located at some distance from the pain itself, so it's always important to look holistically at the problem. Treatment is tailored to the individual, and may involve hands-on manual therapy techniques, specific exercises and education to help you achieve a healthier, happier & fuller life.
Low back pain and sciatica
TMJ / jaw pain and disorders
Thoracic, rib and chest pain
Shoulder, elbow, forearm, wrist/hand problems
Hip, knee, foot/ankle pain and dysfunction
Nerve entrapments, disc pain, joint pains, muscle pain
Myofascial trigger point pain syndromes
Sprains & ligament tears
Muscle tears, tendon pain and ruptures
Myofascial (muscle) trigger point pain syndromes - entire body
TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERS (TMD)
Temporomandibular Joint pain (TMJ disorders)
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain syndromes involving the jaw, head and neck regions
Cranial dysfunction (also known as cranial osteopathy or craniosacral therapy)
Reflux and indigestion
Irritable bowel syndrome
Constipation, diarrhoea and bloating
Stomach discomfort (eg after eating or exercise)
Abdominal cramping, noises or pains
Bladder frequency, urgency or incontinence
Menstrual irregularity, cramps, pains
Shortness of breath
Adhesions following pleurisy or pericarditis
We treat the full range of sports injuries, with particular expertise in:
Running injuries, including biomechanical analysis in relation to performance & injury
Cycling injuries, including biomechanical analysis of bike set-up in relation to performance & injury
Swimming injuries, including stroke analysis in relation to performance & injury
Please see our sports website: cyclephysio.com.au for more information